SharePoint 2013 is the new way to work together. A simplified user experience helps you organize, sync, and share all your content. Users around the world are eager to use these new features, lists, sites, and user interface in SharePoint 2013, and Bamboo is pleased to introduce you to some new Web Parts for SharePoint 2013 which we'll be releasing in the near future.
In this article, we will take a look at Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013.
Bamboo's Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013 displays the content from your SharePoint list/library, SQL table/view, Bamboo List Rollup, or Business Data Catalog data without the need to create a data view (which requires the use of SharePoint Designer). Like the data views you can create with SharePoint Designer, you can allow dynamic grouping, filtering and sorting, exporting of items to Microsoft Excel, and customization of the CSS or changing the Web Part skin. In addition, you can display nested child SharePoint list, SQL table/view, or List Rollup data. You can also perform inline editing of data, including SQL and List Rollup, apply conditional formatting and calculations to both the master data and the nested child data, and -- with proper permissions -- access Lists and List Rollup data-views from all across your SharePoint farm:
Supported on SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013, here are some of the things you'll be able to do with Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013:
- Display SharePoint List, SQL table or view, List Rollup data view/form data
- Access data from across site collections
- Show your external data via the Business Data Catalog in the Data-Viewer Web Part using MashPoint.
- Show child list, SQL, or List Rollup data along with master data in a single view
- Allow inline editing of SharePoint Lists, SQL, or Bamboo List Rollup data directly from the Web Part interface
- Apply conditional formatting to master data and nested data separately
- Perform a calculation (sum, average, count, min or max) on selected columns in the parent and child data sets
- Set default grouping, sorting and filtering of the data, or allowing users to change these settings on the fly
- Sort data in both the parent and child data sets separately
- Users can drag and drop column headings on the grouping bar in the Web Part to dynamically group the data
- Export data to Microsoft Excel
- Exporting data to Microsoft Excel exports parent and child data into separate sheets
- Allow users to perform inline, multi-level filtering of the data on the entire data set instead of just each page in the list
- Limit the number of items displayed at a time as well as the total number of items
- Customize the CSS or choose one of 12 different skins for the look and feel of the Web Part
- Customize the translation of the Web Part tool pane text
- Add new items directly from the Data Viewer Web Part when connected to a SharePoint List or Library.
Additional SharePoint 2013 Previews from Bamboo include:
Dec 13 2012, 09:30 AM
Chau T. Kim Huynh
| Edit this post