Is this the beginning of Skynet? - Dooley
Top News Stories
Microsoft Confirms $1.2 Billion Yammer Buy (InformationWeek)
Rumored for more than a week, Microsoft's plan to acquire Yammer became official Monday. Early business news reports turned out to have just about everything right, down to the $1.2 billion price. Microsoft did confirm that Yammer will be integrated into the Microsoft Office division, making it part of the same product family as SharePoint, which was one detail that hadn't been clear previously. Some analysts thought it would be more likely to be positioned as an adjunct to Microsoft Dynamics CRM, as a counter to Salesforce.com's Chatter service, which is similar to Yammer. Instead, Yammer is to be integrated with SharePoint, Dynamics, and other products but will also have a life of its own.
Microsoft-Yammer Deal Could Help Socialize SharePoint
Microsoft and Yammer continue to refuse comment on plans for Microsoft to acquire the enterprise social networking company for a reported $1.2 billion, but that hasn’t dampened the speculation about what such a deal might mean. Tom Kelly is the CEO of Moxie Software, which delivers an enterprise social media platform that uses crowdsourcing and collaboration as a way of assisting sales and improving customer support for about 600 global business customers. He says the interest by Microsoft in acquiring Yammer—along with the recent buyout of similar ventures by large enterprise software companies—validates the nascent enterprise social media space.
Banking on a SharePoint Intranet (Image and Data Manager)
A long term project to migrate to a SharePoint 2010 intranet at the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) has required a major focus on the fundamentals of information management. BNZ is one of the largest and oldest banks in New Zealand. Founded in 1861, BNZ operates 200 branches and has over 5000 employees. BNZ, which is a subsidiary of the National Australia Bank Group, also offers a full suite of insurance services and provides financial services to commercial and agricultural businesses.
How Close is Windows 8 to Being 'Done'? (ZDNet)
Believe or not, folks, Microsoft execs still have not said when Windows 8 will be “done.” “Done,” in this case, can mean either released to manufacturing or made generally available — your call. But in spite of any rumors you’ve read, pundits to whom you’ve cleaved, or partners who claim to be in the know, there’s been no officially sanctioned word. This isn’t too surprising, given the increasingly secrecy-obsessed Windows regime. But given most of the sources and contacts with whom I converse believe Windows 8 to be very close to the finish line, it’s still somewhat interesting that no one from Microsoft has offered any substantial guidance here.
What's Really Wrong About Microsoft's Windows Phone OS (CNET)
Windows Mobile (WM) was the predecessor of the Windows Phone (WP) operating system, which resides mainly on new Nokia Lumia phones. It was fairly successful. Geeks bought it so they could read email from their Microsoft Exchange server. Some companies standardized on it because their servers and computers were all running Microsoft Windows. It achieved a peak market share of 38 percent in 2005, and even in 2009, competing with the iPhone, polls showed that it still had 24 percent mindshare among corporates wanting to deploy WM as their mobile OS.
Enterprise 2.0 Review - Social Business is Evolving (CMSWire)
As I review my notes and collect my thoughts from this week’s Enterprise 2.0 Conference in Boston, one trend really sticks out as having come up over and over again both in keynote presentations and on the expo floor. Namely, the evolution of social business from what speaker Wim de Gier of LeasePlan termed an “internal version of Facebook” to a sophisticated collaboration tool with communication and knowledge capture capabilities fine-tuned for corporate users.
Around the Blogosphere
Wrapping the Contents of a Content Query Web Part in Additional Markup (Waldek Mastykarz)
When building content aggregations using the Content Query Web Part (CQWP) there are often situations when you need to wrap the results of the aggregation in some additional markup. Find out how to wrap the contents of a CQWP in additional markup.
SharePoint: Gather Feedback from Anywhere and Store it in a List (EndUserSharePoint)
We’ve seen what we can do with jQuery to customize the behavior of SharePoint controls such as the Welcome menu or to create brand new ones like ours Instant filter of lists. We changed the look and functionality of a few controls in our SharePoint environment but did these modifications actually make our site better? Have the users noticed these changes? I’m thinking we could easily write a little bit of code that would help us receive feedback from the users directly from SharePoint. The jQuery framework was useful in these little projects when we wanted to navigate quickly through the HTML of a page and find the element we want to modify for our need. Now let’s dig a little deeper into popular libraries that use jQuery as their base. We are going to use the powerful SPServices library and the JQueryUI framework.
Policy Enforcement Solutions in SharePoint: Introduction (Reza Alirezaei's Blog)
The most important thing to understand is that the concept of policy enforcement is different than security. At a very high level, there are three security features in SharePoint that help you control and protect your information from unauthorized use:
Around Bamboo Nation
Introduction to List Bulk Import 2.5: New in Bamboo Labs! (The Bamboo Team Blog)
Many organizations today are realizing the benefit of using SharePoint as a collaboration and communication tool for their internal and external customers. As with many other enterprise-wide systems, it takes time for users to adapt to using this kind of tool on a daily basis. Allowing users to access their existing data from SharePoint as soon as possible after implementation allows end users to get up and running quickly and easily. List Bulk Import allows you to focus on designing the best way to use SharePoint for your business rather than worrying about migrating your existing data.
Continued Evolution: List Rollup Web Part Release 6.0 is Now Available (The Bamboo Team Blog)
It's my pleasure today to announce the availability of a new major release of List Rollup Web Part: version 6.0. In this release, Bamboo has: Merged the former List Rollup Classic Edition and the List Rollup Schema architecture; Added a Migration utility to migrate List Rollup Data Views to List Rollup Schemas; Added new features to the provided List Rollup Grid View Web Part.
SharePoint Job Listings*
.Net Developer with SharePoint , Sql, Crystal Reports. - Washington, DC
The Engineer will be part of the team responsible for maintaining DCRA's data mart and the Property Information Verification System (PIVS). The existing Microsoft SQL Server-based ETL processes for gathering data from DCRA legacy systems must be updated as DCRA migrates to Accela 7 with a SQL Server database backend as opposed to the Oracle database that exists on DCRA's Accela 6 system. The Developer must also update the existing ETL processes to be compatible with the migration of Basic Business License data from the legacy Access-based solution to the Accela-based solution. The Developer must update the existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services infrastructure to accommodate the new reports that are coming online with Accela Business Licensing.
SharePoint Administrator - Redmond, WA
One of our largest clients in the Redmond, WA area is looking for a SharePoint expert. This specific group utilizes a SharePoint based project management and data repository system. This team maintains this system on hardware in a secure location. This team has designated a need for a SharePoint and general systems service engineer, with an emphasis on end user support and system administration. The main task for this engineer/admin is to maintain a secure, scalable and consolidated SharePoint Portal and Repository which emphasizes a single source of truth for business data and centralized knowledge management.
Vehicle Manufacturer Propels Customer Engagement with Digital Marketing Solutions (Microsoft)
Polaris Industries, a maker of recreational vehicles, wanted to better engage with customers to generate higher sales and revenues. The company implemented a solution that takes advantage of the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 digital marketing platform along with technologies from Webtrends and GNet Group. Now, Polaris marketers use web-based dashboards to gauge the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. The solution integrates data from numerous channels to provide insights about the performance of each Polaris brand’s effectiveness in reaching consumers—much faster than before. For instance, Polaris produces real-time reports to measure engagement on its website and in other channels to improve engagement and optimize its marketing investments. Since implementing the solution, Polaris has achieved a double-digit reduction in “bounce rate” and cost-per-visit for its online ads.
- June 25-27, Denver, Colorado - SharePoint Fest
- June 26, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Project Management Central Webinar
- June 26, Online - Business Critical SharePoint: ECM for the Enterprise
- June 27, Online - SharePoint Portal Solutions - Aligning Business Process, User Needs and Content
- June 27, Online - Responsive Web Design for SharePoint 2010
- June 28, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Time Tracking & Management Webinar
- June 30, Dayton, Ohio - SharePoint Saturday
- June 30, Adelaide, Australia - SharePoint Saturday
- June 30, San Diego, California - SharePoint Saturday
- July 7, Toronto, ON - SharePoint Saturday
- July 10, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Project Management Central Webinar
- July 10, Online - Bamboo Knowledge Management Webinar
- July 11, Online - SharePoint as a Platform in a Highly Regulated Environment
- July 12, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Workflow Conductor Webinar
- July 17, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Project Management Central Webinar
- July 17, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Community Central Webinar
- July 19, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Project Management Central Webinar
- July 19, Online – Webinar: NewsGator Gives Benco Dental Social Bite
- July 19, Online - Integrating Office 365 With the Rest of Your Enterprise – Best Practices & Common Pitfalls
- July 24, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Project Management Central Webinar
- July 26, Online - Bamboo SharePoint Time Tracking & Management Webinar
- July 28, New York, New York - SharePoint Saturday
- July 28, Louisville, Kentucky - SharePoint Saturday
- September 25-27, Chicago, Illinois - SharePoint Fest
- June 26, Online - Project Management Central End User Training - Bamboo Solutions
- June 26-27, Arlington, Virginia – Introduction to SharePoint Foundation 2010 – SharePoint Solutions
- June 26-29, Arlington, Virginia – Introduction to SharePoint Server 2010 – SharePoint Solutions
- July 3, Online - Workflow Conductor Designer Training - Bamboo Solutions
- July 9-13, Online - SharePoint 2010 Foundation Developer - Mindsharp
- July 10-13, Nashville, Tennessee – InfoPath 2010/SharePoint 2010 Workflow Deep Dive – SharePoint Solutions
- July 10-13, Online - SharePoint 2010 Power End User - Mindsharp
- July 13, Online - Bamboo Select - Bamboo Solutions
- July 16-20, Minneapolis, Minnesota - SharePoint 2010 Advanced Developer - Mindsharp
- July 16-20, Minneapolis, Minnesota - SharePoint 2010 Designer - Mindsharp
- July 17-18, Chicago, Illinois – Introduction to SharePoint Foundation 2010 – SharePoint Solutions
- July 17-20, Chicago, Illinois – Introduction to SharePoint Server 2010 – SharePoint Solutions
- July 18, Online - Project Management Central (3.0) Application Administrative Training - Bamboo Solutions
- July, Online - Project Management Central (3.0) Application Administrative Training - Session 2 - Bamboo Solutions
- July 19, Online - SharePoint Re-Design And User Adoption Seminar - Mindsharp
- July 23-27, Online - SharePoint 2010 Core Technologies - Mindsharp
- July 24, Online - Project Management Central End User Training - Bamboo Solutions
- July 24-26, Dallas, Texas – Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for Server Administrators – SharePoint Solutions
- July 30-Aug 3, Online - SharePoint 2010 Power End User - Mindsharp
- July 30-Aug 3, Online - SharePoint 2010 Foundation Developer - Mindsharp
- August 1-3, Minneapolis, Minnesota - SharePoint Information Architecture - How to Optimize Findability in SharePoint- Earley & Associates
- August 7, Online - Workflow Conductor Designer Training - Bamboo Solutions
- August 7-10, Washington, DC – InfoPath 2010/SharePoint 2010 Workflow Deep Dive – SharePoint Solutions
- August 14-17, Dallas, Texas – Introduction to SharePoint Server 2010 – SharePoint Solutions
- August 21-23, Nashville, Tennessee – Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for Server Administrators – SharePoint Solutions
- August 22, Online - Project Management Central (3.0) Application Administrative Training - Bamboo Solutions
- August 24, Online - Bamboo Select - Bamboo Solutions
- August 28, Online - Project Management Central End User Training - Bamboo Solutions
- August 28-30, Toronto, ON - SharePoint Information Architecture - How to Optimize Findability in SharePoint - Earley & Associates
- August 28-31, Chicago, Illinois – InfoPath 2010/SharePoint 2010 Workflow Deep Dive – SharePoint Solutions
* Please contact Chris Dooley (email@example.com) to be included in SharePoint Daily™.
Have SharePoint Daily™ delivered to your email inbox every morning.
Jun 26 2012, 07:45 AM
Filed under: Enterprise 2.0, Bamboo Labs, SharePoint Events, SharePoint Training, SharePoint Jobs, Content Query Web Part, Social Business, Windows Phone OS, SharePint and Yammer, SharePoint Intranet Banking, Microsoft Buys Yammer, SharePoint Intranet, Windows 8 Complete, SharePoint Policy Enforcement Solutions
As Marketing Lead for Bamboo Solutions, Chris Dooley is responsible for overseeing all marketing efforts made towards identifying, creating, and evaluating strategies to promote the services and products offered by the company. He brings more than eight years of marketing experience to his position, with a strong focus on social media marketing stemming from his time of employment with America Online prior to Bamboo Solutions. During his time with AOL as a Senior Program Manager, Chris was responsible for creating the advertising processes for AOL Messaging and Social Media and co- founded AOL’s ComicsAlliance. In his role as Marketing Lead for Bamboo Solutions, he continues to carry out his extensive knowledge of social media marketing by establishing the need for the company’s products and services worldwide through emphasizing and initiating global marketing efforts. Chris studied Programming at Georgia Perimeter College.