error message when using password reset webpart

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 76
andrew posted on Thu, May 21 2009 8:50 AM

I have the password reset webpart setup for use with an anonymous site within sharepoint. Occasioanlly when visiting the site to reset a password I get the following error message in place of the Bamboo webpart.

The Web Part is configured to work with Windows authentication mode, but the current authentication mode is None

Any idea as to why?

Thanks!

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
940 Posts
Points 18,082

Hmmm, this is the first I have seen of this error.  Can you tell us, do you have only one authentication provider defined to the Web Application where the Web Part resides?

Jeff Kozloff
Bamboo Solutions

Top 500 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 76
andrew replied on Tue, May 26 2009 2:23 PM

Jeff, thanks for the reply. There are two providers defined, Default and Internet. I've configured the web part using each one and has made no difference.

Top 500 Contributor
5 Posts
Points 76
andrew replied on Tue, May 26 2009 2:25 PM

As well, I've discovered that this happens when visiting the site from a computer that is outside the domain.

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 22
kmassey replied on Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:51 PM

I am getting the same message.  I have installed the web part on site with annoymous access.  I am accessing the site from outside of my domain. 

When I see the message it is also important to note that the uid and email fields of the web part are not displayed. 

If I log into the site then the fields display as they should and there is no error message.  Clearly I need to do some more work on my set up.

Good luck.

Top 10 Contributor
940 Posts
Points 18,082

Hello,

Could you provide us with some more information about when you say "outside of the domain"?  Are you saying the remote computer you are using is sitting outside the domain hitting the anonymnous SharePoint site?

Jeff Kozloff
Bamboo Solutions

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10
Saurabh replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:47 PM

I am seeing the same error. The Password reset web part only works after someone is logged into the web page otherwise it gives the "The Web Part is configured to work with Windows authentication mode, but the current authentication mode is None" error message and does not show the controls for entering the user id and email. 

Please help!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10
Saurabh replied on Wed, Apr 7 2010 4:51 PM

Jeff, is there any progress on this issue?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 22

I am having the exact same problem.  When I say outside of the domain...I mean I am logging in from a computer that is not a member of the domain.

Please help.  We are a brand new customer, and I haven't even had time to figure out how the tech support works.

Natalie

• | Post Points: 22
Top 50 Contributor
27 Posts
Points 271
Truc Hoang replied on Wed, Mar 30 2011 10:33 PM

Hi All,

Please follow this KB article to resolve your issue:
https://store.bamboosolutions.com/KB/article.aspx?id=12366&cNode=1W7B7M

Thanks,

TH

Truc Hoang