License Activation on Windows 2008 R2 VM

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 104
Jim_in_MN posted on Wed, Sep 29 2010 4:55 PM

I am trying to install and activate a license for the Office to PDF Conversion Solution Accelerator.  Since the product didn't show up in the list of Bamboo Products in Sharepoint Central Administration, I decided to go ahead and run the version 2.8 Bamboo License Manager on the Conversion Server.  The installation completed, and after finding the correct DLL to 'unlock', I received a popup statement that the product was active.

However, the next run of the conversion service failed with the error that the product is not active, with the failure being our Sharepoint WFE server.  I tried to activate the product again (yeah, I know, sign of lunacy, doing the same thing expecting different results), and still no change.  Looking a little further, although I am recieving a pop-up that the product has been activated, nothing is being written to %system root%\program files (x86)\common files\bambooshared\license folder - the only file that is in that folder is the reame.txt file.

The account being used to log on and run License Manager has Administrative rights onto the local server.  Since the resulting local file is not being written, I am guessing that there is a rights issue that isn't being addressed and some modifications may be needed.

I need a little guidance here.  Have I already burned through two out of three product activations, or, since it never wrote the file, have I used none?  How do I get the product activated?  Is there a way to bring it into the SharePoint Central Administration sphere?

Thanks in advance -

Jim in MN

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 500 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 104
Verified by Jim_in_MN

Contacted Bamboo Support.

1)  Product license can only be managed via the standalone License Manager.

2)  The 64 bit version needs to be used (not chosen by default from the installation package - uninstall the 32, then run the x64 version.

3)  http://store.bamboosolutions.com/KB/article.aspx?id=12455&cNode=3O7R7U is a uesful article that indicates what needs to be copied and where.

In my particular instance, the .lic file did not get written to either of the expected locations.  I found it by searching the primary partition for .lic files.  The file showed up under the profile of the account that I was logged in as.  Copying the file to the locations indicated in the KB article, then restarting the web services on the conversion server cleared it up.

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
6 Posts
Points 104
Verified by Jim_in_MN

Contacted Bamboo Support.

1)  Product license can only be managed via the standalone License Manager.

2)  The 64 bit version needs to be used (not chosen by default from the installation package - uninstall the 32, then run the x64 version.

3)  http://store.bamboosolutions.com/KB/article.aspx?id=12455&cNode=3O7R7U is a uesful article that indicates what needs to be copied and where.

In my particular instance, the .lic file did not get written to either of the expected locations.  I found it by searching the primary partition for .lic files.  The file showed up under the profile of the account that I was logged in as.  Copying the file to the locations indicated in the KB article, then restarting the web services on the conversion server cleared it up.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2014