Problem installing / using KB Solution Accellerator Admin and Client Site Templates

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 22
ChrisKrause posted on Mon, Feb 14 2011 4:53 AM

Hi all,

I am a newbie with Sharepoint and Bamboo solutions, but I am looking hard for a "out of the box" Knowledge base on sharepoint and to my delight found the KB Solution Accelarator. I downloaded a trial and installed it on our SP2010 Test Box.

The installer says all prerequisites are met, and runs without errors. It states in the end it suceessfully deployed the KB Admin and Client Site templates.

However, I cannot see (and not activate) the three Site templates in the website site collections feature, they are just not listed (see screenshot).

Because they are not listed/activated, I cannot create a KB Admin or Client site.

Running setup again (or checking the farm solutions from the central administration) tells me that all components including site templates appear to be installed correctly.

I doublechecked on a different SP2010 text box, same procedure, same result.

OS of both test boxes is Windows 2008 R2.

As I am banging my head against a wall here I would greatly appreciate any help of the community?

Thanks a lot & kind regards,

Chris

• | Post Points: 22

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
24 Posts
Points 547

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response, and sorry to hear of your frustrations. The templates are available for selection when you create a new site: Select Site Actions > New Site. Under Template Selection, select Collaboration > Custom. The KB site templates are listed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Katie
Product Management Team

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
24 Posts
Points 547

Another option to try is manually uninstalling and then reinstalling the site templates. The files are located under the /misc folder in the product extraction folder.

Top 50 Contributor
24 Posts
Points 547

Hello again, Chris.

Our engineers took a look at your situation. Currently, if you are using the Germ OS/German language in SharePoint 2010, you will not see the three site templates in the Site Collection Features in order to activate them. If you install the English language pack and create the Site Collection with the English language, then you will see those features, and you will be able to activate them. We are planning to provide the site templates that will work with the German language in the next release.

Thanks again for your patience,

Katie
Product Management Team

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2014