Display view - Tree Navigator.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 137
ajurado posted on Mon, Nov 21 2011 11:29 AM

I am trying to accomplish the following ..

We want the articles to be display under the category.

CAN THIS BE DONE??? YES or NO??

Please advise. Thank you,

• | Post Points: 39

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,531 Posts
Points 24,183

Unfortunately, the tree view showing article categories is used to filter the All Articles list. The articles cannot be displayed in the tree view in the current version of the Knowledge Base Solutions Accelerator.

Julie Auletta

• | Post Points: 22
Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 137
ajurado replied on Mon, Nov 21 2011 5:28 PM

Thank you Jukie for your quick replied. I have another question about the "Tree View"

Currently the "KB Client" home page display all Articles (see image below)

But I would like for all the articles to be display when I select the category---see image below

Can these settings be accomplish??

Top 10 Contributor
1,531 Posts
Points 24,183

You can configure the web part to display or not display the lists on the right side by checking (or un-checking) the check boxes in the tool pane (see screen shot below).

However, in the current version it is not possible to hide them initially and have them displayed after a category is picked. They are either on or off.

I think the All Articles heading can be replaced using a custom language file. See the Select a Language drop down at the bottom of the tool pane. Please see the online documentation for information about how to use the language files.

Julie Auletta

• | Post Points: 37
Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 137
ajurado replied on Mon, Nov 21 2011 6:26 PM

For some reason when I uncheck all the boxes you mentioned (except the "Show Tree View" ) no article is display under any category....am I missing something??

Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 137
ajurado replied on Mon, Nov 21 2011 6:32 PM

Sorry, I didn't read your instructions at the end of the page. I got it now.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
1,531 Posts
Points 24,183

No, you're not missing anything. If you turn the list display(s) off in the tool pane, it's off for good. If you want something to display when you select a category, you need to turn at least one of the lists displays on.

Julie Auletta

Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 88
Fuzzy replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 6:02 PM

Hello ajurado - How is the KB performance been with you? Does the KB tree work well for you? Do the articles come up quickly?

Are you using this product at your organization in prod?

Thanks

• | Post Points: 39
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Points 20

A couple of releases broke the tree view for us. The most recent release broke it as well.

Top 500 Contributor
7 Posts
Points 137
ajurado replied on Mon, Apr 2 2012 12:48 PM

We decided not to use the product because it had too many limitation to our user based on their feeback. The performance was acceptable, but so you know we had very few users accessing this product during our demo that lastewd 3 weeks.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2014