Is this tool kit included with PM Central?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 546
Bill Nesbitt posted on Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:55 PM | 24.61.231.61

We have recently begun implementing PM Central for one of our customers, and need to modify some of the forms to meet thier specifications.  In a native SharePoint environment, one would use InfoPath to modify forms.  Unfortunately, InfoPath rejects all of the columns based on Bamboo data types, and does not maintain the formatting either.  In short, InfoPath breaks PM Central Forms.

We have been able to natively edit column order and the hidden flag for most columns we want removed from the forms (avoiding deleting anything in case we need them later).  But there are several columns for which the option to hide is grayed-out (usually calulated columns, ex. "Cost"), which we're at a loss on how to hide.  So, we're hoping this is the right tool for the job.

Is this tool kit included with PM Central?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 546
Answered (Verified) Bill Nesbitt replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:23 AM | 24.61.231.61
Verified by Bill Nesbitt

Answered my own questions...

No mention of the tool kit being part of the suite, but also discovered that though the specific columns were also grayed-out in SharePoint Designer they can be set to hidden there.

I should probably caution people reading this too, that I've not fully tested whether this method breaks anything.  Will post back if I find a problem.

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
42 Posts
Points 546
Answered (Verified) Bill Nesbitt replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:23 AM | 24.61.231.61
Verified by Bill Nesbitt

Answered my own questions...

No mention of the tool kit being part of the suite, but also discovered that though the specific columns were also grayed-out in SharePoint Designer they can be set to hidden there.

I should probably caution people reading this too, that I've not fully tested whether this method breaks anything.  Will post back if I find a problem.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2016