"Reference List is overflow config" KPI Error

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 44
ewillia8 posted on Thu, Jan 28 2016 8:50 PM | 98.228.39.70

I am trying to set a KPI on a list that I have other KPI already set on. When I select the list in the dialog box, I get the error "Reference List is overflow config. Please change other list".

I am using v14 on a SharePoint 2010 foundation site. Is there a specific setting or column on the source list that is causing this?

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,824 Posts
Points 27,650
Julie Auletta replied on Fri, Jan 29 2016 8:35 AM | 10.10.8.50

The error may be referring to the number of items in the list you selected when configuring the KPI, rather than the number of KPI columns you can add to a list. Can you tell me more about the list you want the KPI to reference (i.e., how many items)? Also, how many other KPI columns have you added to the list?

Thanks!

- Julie

Julie Auletta

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 44
ewillia8 replied on Fri, Jan 29 2016 12:04 PM | 8.40.22.52

The source list has 70 items, approximately 25 columns. I have a separate list where I store all of the KPI columns, so there are two separate lists.

I have created three previous KPI columns on this list when there were about 30 items in the list.

I am trying to determine if columns or views added after the original KPI columns were created are causing this list to not work as a source list for KPI columns now.

Top 10 Contributor
1,824 Posts
Points 27,650
Julie Auletta replied on Fri, Jan 29 2016 1:00 PM | 10.10.8.50

Summarizing a list with 70 items doesn't sounds like it should have an issue to me. Neither does having a list with 4 KPI columns. 

Can you tell me about the KPI columns you have and the you are creating? Are you displaying the number of items in a view or are you comparing the number of items in one view to the number in another view?

Julie Auletta

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5
SteveJC replied on Thu, Jul 7 2016 9:00 AM | 97.65.87.26

I am also having the error  "reference list is overflow config. please change other list". I am trying to use "The calculated value of this column for all the list items in the selected view above" and produce the "sum" of a calculated column. I have a 22 column list with 15 views. I have 15 separate lists that are attempting to run individual KPI's from the master list. It allows me to initially create the KPI column, but it will not automatically update the KPI on its own. If I use quick edit and simply hit save, the KPI column will update. Now, on the All Items view KPI, it does not produce the overflow config error and will update on its own. I hope I am being clear. Where might I be going wrong?

-Steve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2016