SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File

posted by Lam
Wed, May 21 2008

Downloads: 78,015
File size: 2MB
Views: 120,673
SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
Filed under:

Click the "Download" button (at right - or click here http://community.bamboosolutions.com/media/p/193/download.aspx) to get the Installation Helper file that allows you to install and run WSS v3 SP1 under Vista OS.  Updated: Version dated 5/25/2008 is signed and can install MOSS without rename file.

More discussions can be founded in this forum http://community.bamboosolutions.com/forums/104.aspx

Comments

fredgomes@netcabo.pt wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, May 26 2008 5:39 PM
let s go
Bill Mitchell wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, May 29 2008 1:50 PM
Will this also work with XP Pro? I have been hoping like heck that there is some way to develop for WSS 3.0 without having to use Microsoft Virtual Server on my development machine. Thanks!
Jonas Nilsson wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, May 29 2008 9:47 PM
Bill, You can use this on XP 64 bit. You will get one error almost at the end of the installation, but just run the install one more time and you are up and running. (We will fix this once we have some time ;) Note that IIS6 in XP has the one site limitation so you have to manually turn on/off your sites. After installation you will have Central Administration up and running. From there you have to create your We Application as usual. But before you can access the new Web App you will have to go into IIS Admin and turn off CA and on your new Web Application. /Jonas
vicoz2008 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Jun 2 2008 9:07 PM
Where did the download go?
Lam wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Jun 3 2008 12:16 AM
Vicoz, Not quite sure I understand your question, but you downlaod the zip file. Unzip and run the .msi setup based on the instruction in the blog.
vicoz2008 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jun 5 2008 9:50 AM
I see, the download button does not seem to appear when at work. Thanks
BajanCyberdude wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Jun 9 2008 4:08 PM
Like you Vicoz, I am at work using IE 6 and I don't see the doanload button to the right as suggested "Click the "Download" button (at right) to get the Installation Helper file..."
BajanCyberdude wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Jun 9 2008 4:11 PM
I used Firefox 2.0.0.12 and can now see the download button.
sunny wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Jun 16 2008 12:01 PM
I tried to download from IE, I see the download link but doesn't go thru. So I installed Firefox and then downloaded the WssVista.Install.zip but it doesn't have any files inside. (0 bytes). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
sunny wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Wed, Jun 18 2008 10:15 AM
My bad, there was a firewall. Got thru around the firewall to download. Thanks
Quyen Nguyen wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jul 3 2008 9:14 AM
Thanks Bamboo, I try it now :)
Pawan wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Jul 14 2008 5:00 AM
Can we install WSS 3.0 on xp professional 32 bit?
Sven Summer wrote Where is the download file`?
on Thu, Jul 17 2008 5:39 AM
Hello @ll, where can i dowload the Vista Installation Helper File, i cant found the download Button. Thanks! Sven
Lam wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jul 17 2008 8:37 PM
Sven, We update the direct link to the download file above since IE6 seems to have a problems with this page.
John Laibach wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Aug 5 2008 7:28 AM
Hi! It is a great solution!.. But why it can't work in Windows XP 32bit? When I launch SetupLauncher.exe it say: The procedure entry point Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll It seems, if it works in Vista x86 - it should work in XP x86 as well.
Craig wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Aug 18 2008 8:02 AM
Just wondering if there is anyway that this tool can be modified so as i can install Search Server Express on Vista? Cheers, Craig
Jonas Nilsson wrote Search Server Express
on Fri, Aug 22 2008 10:06 AM
Craig, You can install Search Server Express with it. /Jonas
Debbie Brooks wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Fri, Aug 29 2008 10:43 AM
I have downloaded the file however don't understand what it is supposed to do - when I install Sharepoint (or try) it still doesn't work. What are the steps to using this download?????
cicorias wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Sep 2 2008 9:01 AM
There's comments here it doesn't work with 32-bit Vista. I just went through a full install on Vista 32 and no issues, no hiccups, etc.
Neil Otway wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Sep 16 2008 9:10 PM
Thanks Guys. You've just saves me much pain and gnashing of teeth!
Pete Smith wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Fri, Sep 19 2008 2:00 PM
Hey guys, i followed the instructions on the blog to the nth degree and still when i go to install it it says its blocked for compatability. IIS compatability and all that is turned on. Any thoughts?
on Fri, Sep 19 2008 2:11 PM
Pete, Make sure you are installing the SP1 version of WSS/MOSS. /Jonas
stephie777 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Sep 20 2008 1:08 AM
I want to thank you sooooo much! I'm new to SharePoint and I tried everything to install SharePoint on Vista Home with no luck. This really did work! I'm having one minor problem - I'm sure that I did something wrong. When I installed and configured SharePoint (everything checked out), the window just went down w/o asking me for a login name and password. The browser did not automatically come up. I have to go directly to the server for access and the Central Admin page will not display in the browser from IIS. What did I do wrong?
on Sat, Sep 20 2008 3:37 PM
stephie777 Make sue you did enable Basic Authentication in IIS. Look at the blog post for details on how to do it. If you install on vista Home you have to manually enable this otherwise you just get blank pages. /Jonas
Jason wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Wed, Nov 12 2008 10:28 AM
I am getting the same error has John when I try to run this. Any thoughts? "Hi! It is a great solution!.. But why it can't work in Windows XP 32bit? When I launch SetupLauncher.exe it say: The procedure entry point Wow64RevertWow64FsRedirection could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll It seems, if it works in Vista x86 - it should work in XP x86 as well."
on Fri, Nov 14 2008 2:04 AM
Jason, Look at the third comment here. In short: XP x86 doesn't run II6 which is required to run WSS. If you upgrade to XP x64 you can run WSS/MOSS but with only one WebApplication active at a time. Thanks /Jonas
Amit Hiremath wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Nov 20 2008 3:04 PM
I desperately want to have it on WIndows XP SP2, as this is our common development platform. Please help.
Amit Hiremath wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Nov 20 2008 3:05 PM
we require it on 32 bit platform of windows XP SP2 Thank you.
SivaReddy wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Dec 13 2008 12:54 PM

Will this work on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS.

Jramsey wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Wed, Dec 24 2008 9:21 AM

The Infrastructure Update for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (KB951695) includes the latest performance updates and fixes for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.

Does this break anything?

bijen123 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sun, Jan 18 2009 5:02 PM

my god. u guys r great. just installed sharepoint on vista. had problem with the blank page. but resolved it with the suggetions u guys provided. kudos.

cicorias wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jan 22 2009 10:47 AM

Has anyone tried this on Windows 7 yet?

on Mon, Jan 26 2009 6:11 PM

cicorias,

It works on Windows 7, just follow the same instructions.

If you are going to develop on this system you can also install VSeWSS 1.3

community.bamboosolutions.com/.../running-visual-studio-2008-extensions-for-sharepoint-1-3-ctp-on-vista.aspx

/Jonas

parul4053 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Fri, Mar 20 2009 7:09 AM

Hi All,

I am  not still able to  install Moss 2007 on vista home premium . When i am trying to install moss2007  with service pack  then i m getting that error. Please help me to resolve  this  problem.Waiting for reply.

[Window Title]

Program Compatibility Assistant

[Main Instruction]

This program is blocked due to compatibility issues

[Expanded Information]

You must install Office SharePoint Server 2007 with the most recent service pack. Office SharePoint Server 2007 without service packs has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows.

NickFreno wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sun, Mar 22 2009 2:32 AM

This installer does not seem to work with the latest Windows 7 7057 Build. I have confirmed this in additional test VM's.

freedomoss wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Fri, Mar 27 2009 8:09 AM

Sweet! Very smooth installation, no problem encountered while installing it on Vista Business edition x86.

Thanks!

paulosilva wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Apr 11 2009 7:25 PM

This Bamboo WSS installer emulator is really GOOD!!!! It saved my life.

A complete/detailed easy to use walkthrough tutorial, can also be found at http://www.kynou.com (search for WSS)

paryee@hotmail.com wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, May 12 2009 4:53 PM

can anyone help with basic IIS authentication pls

Dumas wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Fri, Jun 12 2009 5:00 AM

copied all files from original medi, extracted updates from WSS and Office updates into updates folder, I ran SetupLauncher.exe and selected the MOSS setup.exe.  I got the follwiong error in the command shell box "CopyFile C:\Windows\system32\ServerManagerCmd.exe failed with: 80".   Any clues?

halomez wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Jun 27 2009 6:01 PM

I don't get the "Complete" option with MOSS 2007 SP1 x64.  I'm using Vista Business x64.  I can do a standalone install, but I want to use SQL Server 2008.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Can I use the command-line SetupFarmSilent config as a workaround?

duanem wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Oct 8 2009 7:24 PM

Getting "CopyFile C:\Windows\system32\ServerManagerCmd.exe failed with: 80" message what do i do??

coki@bamboo wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Mon, Dec 21 2009 12:04 PM

why i can't open tgz file. it's seem there is an error on file...

wael_mohesn wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Jan 23 2010 5:42 AM

Hello, Is this version is compatible with Sharepoint 2010 (Server, Fioundation) Beta versions.

Furthermore, Can I run it over Windows 7 ?

westerdaled wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:01 AM

Hi

I am using this with WIn 7 Enterprise.

I had no problems running the launcher on OfficeServer.exe (the lastest includeds SP2). However,  I simply cannot get past the "Specify Configuration Database Settings" page of theinstall wizard..... I have created users, tried local host, you name it but it fails with "password for the specified account is invalid". I wonder if all the updates contained in OfficeServer.exe were applied.

fredthechippy wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sun, Apr 18 2010 3:45 AM

Hi - I'm looking to install on a Windows Vista Basic machine. Is there some guidance on what I'll need to get WSS running? Is it even possible on Basic?

Thanks!

Opus wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:48 PM

I ran the MSI file and didn't see any errors.  However, I cannot find the installation directory/files anywhere on my machine.  I even did a full drive search for SetupLauncher.exe.  I would really like to get this working, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running 32bit Windows 7.

Thanks!

Opus wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Thu, Jun 24 2010 3:13 PM

I was able to answer my own question.  I had to run it with administrator privileges.

Sanju Kottayan wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sun, Jan 16 2011 5:46 AM

While installing Moss2007 on win 7 professional ..Receving an error " Setup must be run from within server manager "   Any soultions to override this

Thanks

Neena wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Sat, Apr 23 2011 3:51 PM

Hi,

I've successfully installed WSS3.0 on the Visa Home Premium 32bit SP2 with the installer provided on bamboo solutions. Now I'm attempting to install MOSS 3.0 on same machine. As per the instructions provided by bamboo solutions, I actioned the following :

(1) Deleted xtracted folder from "C:\Users\Neens\AppData\Local\Temp\xtracted "

(2) Installed OfficeServer.exe which is a slipstream version of  Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 with SP1. Renamed OfficeServer.exe to SharePoint.exe

(3) Ran SetupLauncher.exe, which extracted files to "C:\Users\Neens\AppData\Local\Temp\xtracted"

When the setup was then initiated, an error

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error :

go.microsoft.com/fwlink

Correct the issue listed above and re-run setup.

Please, kindly help.

learner1959 wrote re: SharePoint on Vista Installation Helper File
on Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:17 PM

Hi,

I am trying to install sharepoint 2007 on  windows 7 64 bit, I am getting as far as extracting the files and then i get the following message..

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

This product requires Windows Server 2003 SP 1. I stall this service pack and re-run setup.

any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

Bamboo Solutions Corporation, 2002-2014